The mission of the San Joaquin River Conservancy is to provide
leadership and acquire, preserve, manage, and promote access to lands
within the flood plain on both sides of the San Joaquin River from
Friant Dam to Highway 99, for the purposes of:
- Implementing the San Joaquin River Parkway Master Plan, a 22-mile regional greenspace and wildlife corridor
along both sides of the river extending from Friant Dam to Highway 99, with an interconnected trail system and recreational and educational
- Acquiring approximately 5900 acres from willing sellers.
- Operating and managing lands for public enjoyment consistent with protection of natural
- Protecting, enhancing and restoring riparian and riverine
habitat and ecological diversity.
- Facilitating the development of the Parkway, garnering public support, and
securing its future.
The Conservancy is governed by a Board representing local agencies, state agencies, and local citizens
to coordinate and mediate diverse public interests.